How To Perfect Your Night-time Skin Care Routine -tips From Your Leading Beauty School In Canada
Having great skin is not just a matter of DNA. Your daily habits have a significant impact on your appearance; therefore, it is extremely important to be conscious about what goes into your body and what you are putting on your skin. However, with so many skin care products available, it can be challenging to decide what exactly you’re supposed to do with all these options. Fortunately, we can help you perfect your night-time skin care routine including the correct order to apply products, the steps you should include, and the best products for your exact skin type.
5 Essential Night-Time Skin Care Steps
Have you ever been so tired that you fall asleep without washing your face? We’ve all been there but it’s time to put an end to this habit. Even if you don’t wear makeup, it is so important to wash your face before bed which gets rid of pollutants in addition to helping treat any skin issues, which is especially effective during the regenerative sleeping process.
Here are a few steps you should include in your night-time skin care routine so you can wake up with a clearer and healthier complexion:
- Gently Remove Makeup: From smudge-proof to waterproof, makeup products require some effort to remove after a long day of wear. However, avoid vigorously rubbing your face in an effort to remove makeup products since doing this may lead to premature wrinkling or damage of the skin. Instead, using a cotton pad soaked with makeup remover; press gently against your skin to dissolve any product.
- Wash with a Cleanser: Washing your face is one of the most basic yet essential steps for a proper night-time skin care routine. It’s important to find a cleanser that does not strip away healthy oils and is compatible for your skin. We suggest finding a cleanser that is non-comedogenic, which means it is made with ingredients that won’t clog your pores or trigger acne and is the perfect solution for those with sensitive skin. Rinse your skin with cool water and pat dry with a clean washcloth.
- Apply a Toner: If you are new to toners, the general rule is to apply it right after cleaning and before anything else is applied to the skin. Pour a few drops of toner onto your clean hands and pat it onto your face for maximum product exposure. Applying a toner is an important step as the product helps to balance your skin’s pH.
- Use a Serum Treatment: Applying a serum to your face may be the most crucial step especially in a night-time skin care routine. Serums are designed to treat anything from dark spots to wrinkles and can help promote regeneration and provide much needed hydration to the skin. Look for products containing hyaluronic acid, vitamin C or retinols which can target a variety of different issues.
- Finish with a Moisturizer: Depending on the season and needs of your skin, the moisturizer you wear before bed can vary. Applying a moisturizer on top of a serum might seem counterintuitive but it will help keep your skin barrier healthy and help the products underneath it become even more effective.
At Beauty Institute Canada, we offer several fantastic programs to help get you started on an exciting career in the beauty industry. If you are passionate about skin care and helping others look and feel their best, our Medical Aesthetics Diploma program may be right for you. If you already have an established career and are interested in simply adding to your skill sets, why not explore one of our Non-Vocational Certificate Courses in Microdermabrasion or Skin Care Therapy. For students who are short on time and would like a quick refresh of their existing knowledge and techniques, our wide range of Specialty Workshops may be the most suitable option for you. No matter which program you choose, we can prepare you for high-profile and successful positions in either the health or beauty fields.
Call us at 905-674-0100 or write to us for more information about any of our beauty, skincare and makeup workshops, certificate courses or diplomas. You can also apply online to enrol in any of the Diploma Programs offered at our Canadian beauty school located in Toronto.