Learn Makeup Techniques For Mature Women At Our Beauty School In Toronto
Whether you believe age is just a number, or you constantly worry about turning older, makeup could be your best friend forever. The art of looking and feeling your best at any age, makeup is an empowering game-changer, especially for mature women.
At Beauty Institute Canada, we help you to master age-appropriate makeup to achieve a flawless look and youthful glow, no matter how old you are! As Toronto’s top beauty school, our makeup training workshops and certificate courses focus on honing your makeup application skills, and familiarizing you with the latest makeup tools and products.
8 Essential Makeup Tips for Mature Skin
From your 30s to 40s, to 50s and onwards, the drastic changes in your skin may have an impact on your facial features and overall appearance. However, there is no need to stress about crow’s feet and laugh lines. Instead, relax and embrace your aging process and let makeup do its magic.
Here are some techniques that will help mature women put their best face forward.
- Prep Your Face Well: Use a hydrating moisturizer followed by a primer for a flawless look. A good quality primer will even out your skin tone and reduce the appearance of fine lines, large pores and wrinkles.
- Blending is Key: Stick to a lightweight foundation or BB cream and blend it really well for the right amount of coverage.
- It’s Easy to Hide Imperfections: Cover up age spots or dark circles by applying a concealer on top of the foundation.
- Lift Your Features: Dab a cream-based blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend upwards along the cheekbones. This will instantly add a youthful, radiance to your face.
- Flawless Lip Definition: Apply a little concealer around your mouth and define your lips with a pencil lip liner. This will prevent your lip color from feathering or bleeding into the fine lines around your mouth.
- Fix your Brows: With age, your brows may become sparse and lose shape. Use a brow pencil to add some color and brush them up. Neatly defined, textured brows can bring your whole look together and take years off your face.
- Avoid Dark and Glittery: For saggy-skin eyelids, steer clear of sparkly eyeshadows or very dark shades as their light-reflecting quality may draw attention to your lines and wrinkles. Similarly, for your lips, try to stick to lighter shades as they give a fuller, poutier appearance. Opt for products with a matte or soft sheen finish.
- Ditch the Liquid: Liquid lip liners and eye liners tend to look too heavy on mature skin and are more likely to feather into the fine lines around your eyes or lips. Choose creamy pencil liners that offer better definition and add softness to your face.
Are you interested in becoming a professional makeup artist, specializing in makeup for mature women? Enrol in our 12-week long Makeup Artist Diploma to acquire in-depth knowledge and comprehensive skills that are essential for success in this profession. Get hands-on training from industry-experienced instructors, in a safe, enjoyable, multicultural environment, and let your talent shine.